Thursday, October 1, 2015

Modest Harry Potter Centerpiece Idea

Hello!  I haven't posted in so so so long!  I have been up to a lot of creative things since we recently  moved into our new house, which I hope to share soon.  But in the meantime I wanted to share a cute little centerpiece I did for my future sister in laws bridal shower.  This was by NO means a full on Harry Potter themed bridal shower. But with my sister in law being SUCH a huge Potterhead, I wanted to have some small HP elements that weren't too over the top.  For the cardbox, we went with a birdcage.  I wanted to find a Hedwig to put inside but couldn't find one the right size. If you do this, please add an O-W-L!

My most prized craft were the centerpieces.  I took an old tattered book and removed the pages. I created somewhat of a place mat out of the pages.  I took one for the team, and drank roughly 5-6 bottles of wine. ;)  I then used tapered candles inside and let the wax flow down the sides of the bottles.  This effect was so cool.  Her wedding theme is succulents so I added some of those to the tables to create a very modest and classy, Harry Potter themed centerpiece.




No comments:

Post a Comment